The best magazine
How to Replace a Thermostat on a 2000 Ford Ranger
- 1). Remove the band clamp that holds the radiator hose onto the thermostat intake tube. Pull the hose off of the tube. Push the tube off to the side to make it easier to reach the bolts that hold the thermostat intake tube onto the intake manifold of the Ranger.
- 2). Remove the two bolts that hold the thermostat intake tube onto the intake manifold and then pull the housing off of the intake. Inspect the bottom of the intake tube and the top o the intake manifold for the old gasket. The gasket must be removed.
- 3). Pull the old thermostat out of the intake manifold and then place the new one into the intake manifold. The correct end should face out of the engine. The thermostat will be labeled with the end that is the top.
- 4). Place a bead of RTV silicone on the intake manifold and on the bottom of the thermostat intake tube. Allow the silicone to firm according to the directions of the RTV manufacturer. The curing time will vary depending on the brand you use.
- 5). Place the paper thermostat gasket for the Ranger on top of the RTV silicone that was placed on the intake manifold and then place the thermostat intake tube on top of the gasket and bolt it back into place.
- 6). Slide the radiator hose back onto the thermostat intake tube and secure the band clamp with a screwdriver.